SOUND CITY–REAL TO REEL, the companion album to the Dave Grohl-directed SOUND CITY feature length documentary premiering at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, is now available for pre-order at iTunes at http://bit.ly/
SOUND CITY, the film, was conceived by Grohl after purchasing the legendary custom-built Neve 8028 recording console from Sound City Studios last year. The board, built in 1972, is considered by many to be the crown jewel of analog recording equipment, having recorded such artists as Neil Young, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Guns and Roses, Metallica, NIN, Rage Against The Machine and countless other musical legends over the past 40 years.
SOUND CITY–REAL TO REEL is a brand new collection of all-new all-original songs, each one composed and recorded exclusively for the film within its own 24-hour session on that console after it was reinstalled in Grohl and his Foo Fighters’ own 606 Studios. The new tracks–featuring an amazing and idiosyncratic cast of collaborators including Paul McCartney, Grohl’s former Nirvana and current Foo Fighters bandmates, Stevie Nicks, Rick Springfield, Trent Reznor, Joshua Homme of Queens of the Stone Age, Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick, Lee Ving of Fear, Corey Taylor of Slipknot, Brad Wilk and Tim Commerford of Rage Against The Machine and more–passionately exemplify SOUND CITY‘s celebration of the human element of musicianship and recording in an increasingly digital world.
Following its Sundance 2013 premiere, SOUND CITY will also be released theatrically, in association with Variance Films, on February 1. For a list of cities and theatres in Australia, please head to www.soundcitymovie.com for all the details. The film will then be released on March 8th on DVD & Blu Ray.
Grohl’s personal connection to Sound City began with the 1991 recording of Nirvana’s breakthrough album, NEVERMIND. Selling over 30 million copies worldwide, NEVERMIND changed the entire musical landscape and forever altered the course of Dave Grohl’s life.
Roswell Films, a division of the Roswell Records label that releases Foo Fighters music, will distribute the film. Key personnel involved with the film include Producer/Director Dave Grohl; Editor Paul Crowder (Dogtown & Z Boys, Once In a Lifetime, Riding Giants); and Writer Mark Monroe (The Cove, Once In a Lifetime, The Tillman Story). The film is also being produced in conjunction with Jim Rota, John Ramsay, and Therapy studios.
SOUND CITY–REAL TO REAL TRACK LISTING AND CREDITS
1. Heaven And All – Robert Levon Been, Dave Grohl, Peter Hayes
2. Time Slowing Down – Chris Goss, Tim Commerford, Dave Grohl, Brad Wilk
3. You Can’t Fix This – Stevie Nicks, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Rami Jaffee
4. The Man That Never Was – Rick Springfield, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear
5. Your Wife Is Calling – Lee Ving, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Alain Johannes, Pat Smear
6. From Can To Can’t – Corey Taylor, Dave Grohl, Rick Nielsen, Scott Reeder
7. Centipede – Joshua Homme, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, , Alain Johannes
8. A Trick With No Sleeve – Alain Johannes, Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme
9. Cut Me Some Slack – Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Pat Smear
10. Once Upon A Time… The End – Dave Grohl, Jessy Greene, Rami Jaffee, Jim Keltner
11. Mantra – Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, Trent Reznor
SINGLE: FROM CAN TO CAN’T – AT RADIO NOW
ALBUM: SOUND CITY: REAL TO REEL | DVD & BLURAY: SOUND CITY: REAL TO REEL
AVAILABLE MARCH 8TH 2013 THROUGH SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT