Video games – is probably the main hobby of the 21st century, and at the same time – a good sphere to show up your creativity and let your dreams become your reality. If you have a good fantasy, you’re into technologies, understand basic business rules and you want to surprise the world with your art – you totally should think about starting your own video game production company. Perhaps, it’s your dream, but you just don’t feel like you have enough experience and knowledge to lead the whole company. Don’t worry, everything is possible in this world, so if you really dream about starting your own video game company – you can find more information here: https://www.myblogtips.org/no-deposit-bonus/
In this article, we’re going to talk about the basic steps that you will have to go through in order to start your own business. We’ll mention the most important aspects, so after that, you will be able to see your way more clearly and understand whether you need this experience in your life or no.
Plan your video game first
If you’ve decided to start exactly a video game company, obviously, the world of gaming is not something new and difficult for you. Perhaps, you’re a huge fan of different computer games and after years of playing someone’s art, you’ve finally got enough courage to create something yours and open your heart to the world.
The gaming industry is probably one of the most interesting spheres nowadays, and your options here aren’t limited at all. You can create whatever you want and it certainly will find an audience who will cherish it and support you on your way.
But, as in every business, it’s very important to realize what actually you’re going to do and plan everything step by step. You need to see the whole path right from the beginning. We recommend you to buy a notebook, get a cup of coffee, sit on your most comfortable chair, and fully plan your future game. Point out:
- What genre do you want it to belong to?
- Is it going to be the usual game or a gambling one?
- Do you prefer 2D or 3D graphics and which one you want to see in your game?
- Think about the main story, aesthetic, characters, quests, storylines, and more;
- Who is your target audience?
- On what platform you’re planning to release your product?
Once you’re done with answering those questions, it’ll be way clearer for you to understand where to start. Of course, it’s not going to be easy, and perhaps it’ll take you a couple of days or even months to make up your mind, but if you’re truly passionate about it – you won’t have any problems.
After getting done with creating your idea and planning your future game, you need to plan the practical part. That way, you can make one step forward from dreaming to releasing.
- Make a decision if your project gonna be a small one or a big and impressive one. If we’re talking about the small and simple games, you can try to handle all processes yourself, starting with programming, writing plot, and taking care of business, and ending with releasing your art. But if it’s gonna be something huge, doing it alone you can spend years and years of hard work and still won’t succeed. So for that, you need a team that will help you in all stages.
- If you’ve decided to get a team, think about whom you need to hire, where you’re going to look for people, what traits of character and skills you are looking for, what will be their future salary, etc. It’s amazing if you’re having friends, who have the skills you need and as passionate about this idea as you are so that together you can create something truly decent.
- Think about the technological sides of the project, because having an idea is awesome, but you also should be capable enough to make it real;
- Decide how you’re going to monetize your game. We doubt, that you’re going to spend a lot of money and in the end make it “charity”, without making any profit from it. You can ask your fan base for financial support on platforms such as Patreon, add some in-game donate, or just set a decent price for a game so that you and your game will be rewarded for your work.
Congratulations, if you’ve managed to plan everything that we’ve mentioned above – half of the work is done, and starting following this plan will be easier than creating it. The next step – is starting an actual deal.
Right after the planning stage, once you’ve got a bunch of professionals on your side, you can start production and step by step give life to your idea, creating your own computer game. You need to take care of:
- Characters models with their emotions, clothes, poses, phrases, and more.
- The audio part of the game, soundtracks, voices of characters, sounds of your world.
- Your game world, different locations, and places. Make sure it isn’t lagging though.
- Good-written plot, phrases, conversations, and quests.
We want you to remember, that with enough passion and love you’re capable to do everything you’re dreaming of. Surely, it’s not easy to create your own video game company, but totally possible if you’re intended to do so.