– Sony Computer Entertainment Australia (SCE Aust.) have announced the addition of two more Hollywood powerhouses to the BEYOND: Two Souls production team. Developed exclusively for PlayStation®3 [PS3™] by Quantic Dream, BEYOND: Two Souls blurs the lines of movie-making and gaming. BEYOND: Two Souls will feature an original score developed by Grammy® award winning and BAFTA nominated film composer Lorne Balfe and Academy Award®, Golden Globe® and Grammy® winning composer Hans Zimmer.
Hans has received a total of 10 Golden Globe® nominations, 10 Grammy®, and 9 Oscar® with the latest being for Christopher Nolan’s Inception. His recent films include Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel; The Lone Ranger; and The Dark Knight Rises. Most recently, Lorne has composed music for The Dark Knight, Inception, and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. He has also composed music for other video games including Assassin’s Creed® III and Skylanders: Giants™.
David Cage says, “I have always been fortunate to work with very talented composers on my games, from David Bowie to Angelo Badalamenti or Normand Corbeil. Working with such talented people as Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe has been an amazing experience. They did a great job at creating a very original soundtrack for the game, allying strong themes with very original sound textures. The soundtrack creates a fantastic landscape for the emotional journey of Jodie Holmes, and gives her a voice that players will remember.”
Of his work on the score for BEYOND: Two Souls, Hans commented, “One of the reasons I really enjoy the whole gaming world is because we are looking for that next thing where we can become immersive, that can involve us, that can really go beyond entertainment.”
Lorne added, “This game is so interesting. People ask, is it a film or is it a game? That’s the big thing and there is no difference, not to me. You could sit there and watch it as a film so the way of musically trying to tell the story is the same process.”
A Stellar Cast for a Genre Defining Game:
BEYOND: Two Souls will feature Oscar nominee Ellen Page in the lead role of Jodie Holmes, a young woman who possesses supernatural powers through her link to an invisible entity. Ellen is supported by Willem Dafoe who plays Nathan Dawkins, an enigmatic scientist working for a government division studying paranormal activities. Dawkins’ professional curiosity in Jodie, driven by personal tragedy, is a central theme in BEYOND: Two Souls, and provides a rich and evocative narrative that only Dafoe’s subtleties of performance could fully realise.
The methods used by developer Quantic Dream to track facial, voice and body animations simultaneously create a true performance from the actors, and result in the most realistic and emotionally charged and gameplay experience to date.
Play Through A Lifetime:
In BEYOND: Two Souls, gamers will play through fifteen years of Jodie’s life, experiencing the most striking moments of her life, in what promises to be one of the most thrilling and spectacular journeys on PS3. As she traverses the globe, Jodie will face incredible challenges set against a backdrop of emotionally-charged events the likes of which have never before been seen in a video game. Like its predecessor, Heavy Rain, BEYOND: Two Souls will allow players to shape the course of the story through their decisions and actions taken in the game.
- Delve into a gripping and unpredictable story with a Hollywood blockbuster cast featuring Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe.
- Take full control of Jodie as well as the mysterious entity in spectacular action and adventure sequences.
- Create your own personal journey as your decisions and actions shape the outcome of the story.
Experience the new cutting-edge technology from Quantic Dream in what promise to be one of the best-looking games ever to be seen on PS3.
- Will feature an original score developed by world renowned composers Lorne Balfe and Hans Zimmer.
BEYOND: Two Souls is due for release in October 2013, only on PlayStation 3.