VIRGIN MOBILE AUSTRALIA LAUNCHES NATION’S BIGGEST EVER LOCATION BASED MOBILE APP COMPETITION
Earlier this week Virgin Mobile launched ‘Game of Phones’, the nation’s biggest ever location-based mobile app competition, where players are challenged to hunt for almost $200,000 worth of prizes in a virtual world. The game will see live interaction, with players able to steal prizes from other players within a 50m radius, which is pretty awesome!
To launch ‘Game of Phones’, Virgin Mobile launched a video capturing the spirit of the game, which spoofs Game of Thrones
The ‘Game of Phones’ app is available to download from today, with game play commencing on 18th November.
For more information on ‘Game of Phones’, visit www.gameofphones.com.au
How to play Game of Phones:
• Players will be challenged to hunt for virtual prizes found on the Game Of Phones’ app map screen on their Android or iOS smartphone.
• When players come within 50 metres of a prize icon, they can tap to claim it, but it can then be stolen by other players located within 100 metres – game on!
• Throughout the game, Virgin Mobile stores will act as safe houses and game play is live between 7am and 7pm AEDT Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm AEDT on the weekend from Monday 18 November through to Sunday 8 December.
• Contestants will be able to retain a maximum of three prizes at any one time, from Virgin Australia Velocity points, Virgin Money EFTPOS gift cards, a Virgin Mobile Irresistible Plan and Virgin Wine mixed cases to Sony Xperia™Z1 mobile handsets, Sony 32” TVs and Nespresso coffee machines.
• Prizes that have been protected and retained when the game closes will be available to redeem with the ultimate winner crowned The King and rewarded with a $50,000 Virgin Mobile trip of a lifetime.