The showcase opened with the world premiere of The Last of Us Part II gameplay, with over 10 minutes of video for fans to feast their eyes on as part of a gripping and intimate trailer.
A stunning first look at gameplay was showcased for epic, open-world samurai adventure, Ghost of Tsushima and a jaw dropping Resident Evil 2 remake was announced for PS4, with a 25th January, 2019, release date confirmed.
An extraordinary new trailer for Death Stranding was debuted, revealing more about protagonist Sam, introducing two heroines (played by Lindsay Wagner and Lea Seydoux) and giving fans the chance to discover new mysteries.
PlayStation Plus* members were given an extra special treat in celebration of the upcoming release of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Available now, all PS Plus members are able to download Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 free for PS4, until July 11th. On top of this, it was announced that all PS4 players who pre-order Black Ops 4 on PS Store will receive access “Back in Black” maps, immediately playable for Black Ops 3.
Closing out the showcase was a striking new trailer for the massive upcoming PlayStation 4 exclusive, Marvel’s Spider-Man, where many of the Super Villains he has put away over his eight years are released simultaneously. Spidey is seen taking on Rhino, Scorpion, Vulture, Electro and Mister Negative.
A number of other announcements and content drops were made at the showcase including:
- New Game+ confirmed for God of War
- Nioh 2 announced for PlayStation 4
- Déraciné for PlayStation VR
- Supernatural game, Control, from Remedy
- A new Kingdom Hearts III trailer was showcased, announcing a release date of January 29, 2019.
- A trailer for Trover Saves the Universe from Rick and Morty’s Justin Roiland was unveiled
- The Story Trailer for Activision’s Destiny 2: Forsaken was revealed
Please visit the PlayStation Australia E3 2018 playlist on YouTube for available video content supporting today’s Media Showcase.