He became a footballing superstar and a ‘God’ to millions because of the magic he could perform with his head and feet but these days Diego Armando Maradona is as much a global icon because of the words that come out of his mouth.
Next year the Argentine maestro will come to Australia for two EXCLUSIVE night’s only – Allphones Arena (formerly Acer Arena) in Sydney on Wednesday 25th January and the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (The Plenary) on Tuesday 24th January – for an intimate tell all interview with Australia’s voice of football Les Murray.
Named by FIFA as the joint Player of the Century with Pele, Maradona will reveal his life story in his own words in a worldwide premier production, including never seen before footage of the footballing wizard in action.
The visit will be Maradona’s first to Australia since he captained Argentina against the Socceroos in Sydney in a 1-1 World Cup qualifier draw in 1993 and the man known as ‘Pibe de Oro’ – ‘Golden Boy’ says he is itching to return to our shores.
“It has been many years since I have been to Australia so I am very excited to be coming to Sydney and Melbourne to share my story, all of it, with the people,” Maradona said.
The events host Les Murray admiration for Maradona goes back further than most, the infallible SBS anchor having commentated on the 1979 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Japan where Maradona first burst into global prominence by guiding Argentina to victory.
“Diego Maradona is a personality that has polarised the football community like no other,” Murray said.
“From his unmistakable brilliance and unbridled confidence on the pitch to the many aberrations that have marked his private life, one thing is certain – he has a story to tell”
“I can’t wait to sit across from him and ask the questions, the real questions, that the Australian public are dying to ask.”
Tour Producer John Denison went on to say the event was an amazing opportunity for Australian sporting fans.
“To have the greatest footballer of the century stand up on stage and unfurl his unbelievable life story in his very own words will literally send shivers of excitement up the spine of sporting and football fans alike” Denison said.
“To highlight this monumental world event we have produced two compelling one off live experiences that fuses visual, live football action, money cant buy experiences, and a unique merchandise range.
“Like Diego’s life, the event is a celebration and we expect the fans to bring along the joyous atmosphere we see at football grounds around the world, which will only add to the experience.
“This is a once in a lifetime event that we expect to be very popular.”
Despite being long retired Maradona still has an impeccable control over a ball and the 51-year-old will also participate in a game of ‘Football Tennis’ with a select few of Australia’s biggest names, past and present.
The pre-show 250-person VIP event will be hosted by Australia’s foremost football analyst, Mark Bosnich.
Diego Maradona – Live on Stage
“His Life Story in his own words interviewed by Les Murray” presented by Entourage Football in association w EuroSoccer skills
All Events to be Staged in Intimate Mode
– SYDNEY: Allphones Arena (Formally Acer Arena) – Wednesday 25th Jan 2012, 8.30pm
– MELBOURNE: MCEC, The Plenary – Tuesday 24th January 2012 8.30pm
Tickets also available from Visa Presale and Ticketek
- Visa Pre Sale Wednesday 7th December 10am – Friday 9th December Midday
- General Public Friday 9th December 2pm
VIP Ticket Packages
· Meet and Greet Maradona includes Photo Opportunity, Front Row VIP Floor Seats, Pre show VIP event includes Food & Beverage hosted by Mark Bosnich, Exclusive Commemorative Soccer Ball presented in beautiful clear case with an engraved Maradona image. 30 Only in each city – $1699
· Hand of God Package VIP includes Front Row Floor Seats, plus Exclusive Commemorative Soccer Ball presented in beautiful clear case with an engraved Maradona image, Pre Show VIP event includes Food & Beverage hosted by Mark Bosnich. 200 Only in each city – $599.
· Platinum Fans Package – VIP Floor Seats, Framed Limited Edition Designed Tour Jersey (Argentina/Boca Juniors) with commemorative plaque and Maradona No. 10 at the back (600mm x 450mm). Strictly Limited quantity – $399
· Platinum Floor Seats – $129/$99 (Limited to max 400 per city)
· Gold Seats – $99 or Concession for $79
· Silver Seats – $89 or Concession for $69
All tickets available via http://www.maradonaaustralia.com.au